This Amazon hack will help you save money on tons of great tech

The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.

amazon warehouseFor the past few years I've used a simple tactic to save money when buying gadgets: I buy them open boxed or refurbished.

Unless I'm buying a product the day it's released — which is very infrequently these days — I never buy it new.

Instead, I take advantage of Amazon's "Warehouse Deals." These are products that may have a scratch or two, or may just have dinged packaging.

In each case, Amazon gives you a clear description of the product's condition, so you can determine if it's worth it for you. If it is, go for it. If it's not, pass.

Warehouse Deals have their own section of Amazon, and their own landing page. They're also listed under the "Used" section of an individual product's page. I use these deals all the time and have been very happy with the results — oftentimes the product is in better shape than described.

Better yet, all Warehouse Deals have Prime shipping, so you'll get them quickly. 

Wired headphones

Amazon

If you're looking for an incredible pair of headphones, Bower & Wilkins P7's epitomize quality luxury. 

I own these headphones (purchased through a Warehouse Deal) and they're incredible sounding and feeling. You can read my full review for more details, but here are the basics: 

The materials used to make these headphones are sheepskin leather and aluminum. They look premium; in fact, they're the best-looking pair of headphones I've used, or seen. They don't sound totally neutral, but they offer the listener incredible clarity. If you want to really hear every nuance of your favorite albums, these are the headphones to buy.

Bowers & Wilkins P7, Warehouse Price $218.74 and up ($349.98 New)

Read my full review here



Bluetooth headphones

Amazon

I searched, in vein, for seven years trying to find the perfect Bluetooth headphones. That search is over.

As with the P7's, my full review is available below, but I'll give you the highlights. These over-ear headphones are comfortable, and don't sound compromised.

Like all Bluetooth headphones, the audio will be compressed between your phone and the headphones (less so if you're listening to lossy audio, or streaming), but you don't hear it. What you do hear is great music. 

Connectivity is rock solid. They block out a lot of noise (they don't have active noise cancelling, though). If you're looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones, but don't want to sacrifice quality, these are for you. 

B&O Play Beoplay H8 Bluetooth Headphones, Warehouse Price $267.03 and up ($449.99 New)

Read my full review here.



A Bluetooth speaker

Amazon

Sony's H.ear Go speaker is actually a lot like the Beoplay H8 headphones: Wireless without compromise. 

You can use this as a Bluetooth speaker (as I did in my fully review, available below), but you can also connect to it through Wi-Fi, or a cable. This gives you the flexibility to use Bluetooth when you want, but also play full-quality, high-resolution audio files without any degradation.

In my testing, this speaker came out very well. Its sound quality is rock solid regardless of your genre of choice, and it's available in different colors, which makes it stand out (in a good way.)

Sony H.ear Go Bluetooth Speaker, Warehouse Price $96.70 and up, ($148 New)

Read my full review here.




See the rest of the story at Business Insider

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.