Lake Bell's Parenting Motto is 'Try Really Hard to Say Yes'

Lake Bell's Parenting Motto is 'Try Really Hard to Say Yes'

Lake Bell strikes a pose for Good Housekeeping‘s September issue, on newsstands now.

The fall-themed shoot took place in West Hollywood. Here’s what the 38-year-old actress, writer, director, and mother had to share with the mag:

On aging with confidence: “Women like my mom have shown me you can be comfortable and confident with aging, and I hope to pass that gift on to my daughter. I also want my son to think women are badass as they get older.”

On finding “me” time: “My husband is always reminding me to take care of myself. It’s allegedly doable to do what I do, raise two kids and be a good wife, but it takes patience, and you have to be easy on yourself. I’m on a learning curve right now.”

Her go-to mom wisdom: “My friend’s mother told me, ‘Try really hard to say yes.’ It sounds like you’re going to create a monster, but the idea is that we’re constantly saying no, and if you turn things into a positive, everything will be a little kinder.”

Her power outfit:
“I have collected some amazing jumpsuits I’ll wear when I’m directing. I can have pockets for my walkietalkie, headset, lip balm and phone and still be chic. My favorite one looks like a flight suit.”

For more from Lake, visit GoodHousekeeping.com.

FYI: Lake is wearing a Michael Stars top, Scotch-Soda.com jacket, J Brand jeans, Badgley Mischka shoes, and Sorrelli.com earrings in the first photo (below); a Kate Spade dress in the second photo; and a RebeccaMinkoff.com sweater, BB Dakota skirt, and NinaShoes.com heels in the third photo.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.