Jay-Z Says 'Kill Jay Z' Song Is Not a Kanye West Diss Track

Jay-Z Says 'Kill Jay Z' Song Is Not a Kanye West Diss Track

Jay-Z‘s song “Kill Jay Z” from the 4:44 album calls out his former friend Kanye West, but the rapper now says the song itself is not meant as a Kanye diss.

Tidal just released an hour-long interview with Jay from the Rap Radar podcast and he talks about being upset by Kanye talking about his wife Beyonce and daughter Blue Ivy on stage.

“What really hurt me was, you can’t bring my wife and my kids into it,” Jay said. “Like, Kanye is my little brother. He’s talked about me a hundred times, he even made a song called ‘Big Brother.’ We’ve gotten past bigger issues. But you brought my family into it, now it’s a problem.”

“You know it’s a problem because me and him would have been talked about it, been resolved our issues,” he added. “And he knows crossed the line, he knows. And I know he knows. Cause we’ve never let this much space go between one of our disagreements and we’ve had many. That’s just who we are.”

“He’s an honest person and he’s wrong a lot of times,” Jay continued. “But, the point is — I was getting to a point where, ‘You got hurt by that.’ You can’t get diss somebody by saying you got hurt. That’s the softest diss of all-time. What are you talking about, you sucka ass n***a? You soft as sh*t! It’s not about a Kanye diss. I’m talking about me. When I say, ‘You dropped out of school, you lost your principals,’ I’m not talking about Kanye. I’m talking about me. The whole thing.”

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.