Chris Harrison Says There Was No 'Victim' in the 'Bachelor in Paradise' Scandal

Chris Harrison Says There Was No 'Victim' in the 'Bachelor in Paradise' Scandal

Chris Harrison is opening up about the Bachelor in Paradise scandal now that the show’s season has begun.

During the show’s premiere, the reality show host chatted with the BiP cast, who came to DeMario Jackson‘s defense after Corinne Olympios claimed to be a victim of assault.

“I think people have to be very careful in using the word ‘victim’ because there was not a victim. There was not an assault. There was not a crime. There was not anything other than what turned out to be just an unfortunate event that they got caught up in,” Chris told People.

He added, “I think they were quick to defend DeMario because they knew Corinne wasn’t a victim. They knew she wasn’t hurt and injured in any of this. The person that was really being attacked was more of DeMario. I guess, maybe it came off as victim blaming, but that’s probably why they felt a little sensitive for DeMario.”

“I think they felt that he was being unjustly accused of something. I think they felt that they needed to come to his defense more than they needed to come to Corinne’s defense. It’s not like they blamed Corinne or shamed her. I guess it could’ve been misconstrued in that way. But when I was sitting there in person, that’s how I took it. I didn’t take it as they were bashing Corinne at all. And they defended her,” Chris concluded.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.