J.K. Rowling Apologizes For Tweets About Trump Snubbing Boy in a Wheelchair

J.K. Rowling Apologizes For Tweets About Trump Snubbing Boy in a Wheelchair

J.K. Rowling is apologizing for her tweets slamming Donald Trump for reportedly snubbing a little boy in a wheelchair.

After the 52-year-old Harry Potter author learned that the president did not snub the boy, she took to her Twitter to apologize to the child’s family.

“Re: my tweets about the small boy in a wheelchair whose proferred hand the president appeared to ignore in press footage, multiple sources have informed me that that was not a full or accurate representation of their interaction,” she explained.

JK added, “I very clearly projected my own sensitivities around the issue of disabled people being overlooked or ignored onto the images I saw and if that caused any distress to that boy or his family, I apologise unreservedly.”

Click inside to read all of J.K.’s tweets…

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.